The following limitations have been observed when using OpenCOR on our supported platforms.
Windows, Linux and macOS
- By default, OpenCOR uses your system's language for menus, message boxes, etc., as long as it is either English or French (please contact us if you would like OpenCOR to support other languages). If your system uses another language, then OpenCOR will default to English. Otherwise, if you specifically specify English or French, then please be aware that system messages, message boxes, etc. will still be displayed using your system's language (assuming it is not one of the languages supported by OpenCOR).
OpenCOR uses the CellML API, which is known to have the following limitations:
- It will crash OpenCOR if you try to export a CellML file to a user-defined format that is described in a file that contains valid, but unknown, XML.
- It may incorrectly (in)validate certain CellML files.
- Support for models consisting of a system of differential algebraic equations (DAEs) is currently limited. Some DAE models may therefore be run while others not.
- OpenCOR's FileBrowserWindow plugin may, on some systems, result in OpenCOR being slow to respond at startup. This has nothing to do with OpenCOR, but most likely with a Windows shell add-on that is installed on your system. This page may help you address the issue, but if not then you might have to unselect the FileBrowserWindow plugin.